Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The BCS and other thoughts

Two posts in two days. That is some kind of a record.

I needed to point out a great post over on The Rock Report:
http://therockreport.blogspot.com/2006/11/1122-ten-thinks.html

He very clearly makes several points that I have strongly felt as well. Why is everyone assuming UM 'deserves' a rematch against tOSU? It would be unprecedented. ND was in a very similar position in '93 after beating FSU and then losing in a shocker to BC at the end of the season. Despite being ranked #2, ND was not given the opportunity for a rematch to repeat our win over FSU. Instead, after both teams won their bowl games, FSU was voted NC.

Back to Michigan. I saw most of the game and it didn't look that close to me. Why doesn't another team get a shot against tOSU? I am not saying that ND deserves a shot but I would be astonished if a one-loss SC, Florida, or WVU doesn't get a chance to play for the title. Just another example in the long string of examples why the NCAA needs a playoff.

Actually, I don't know why I am wasting my breath on this. My focus this week is on one thing - Beating Southern Cal!

No comments: